HyperGear

HyperGear SR20det turbocharger Innovation, Evaluation and Testing

That's fine, won't be for a few weeks before I get everything together. I'll pm when I have all the parts ready

Install a EBC before dyno tuning. The Ss15 doesn't work very well with boost Tee controllers

Install a EBC before dyno tuning. The Ss15 doesn't work very well with boost Tee controllers

Good to note, I did see a fair bit of boost spike with my ss15 and MBC and am planning on getting a boost solenoid controlled by the ECU before the final tune for best results.

anything boost tap, bleed valves, etc.. are rubbish

only good for cars running like 12 psi or so.. anything more, they're just rubbish - I don't care who tells you they work or work well I refuse to tune cars with stupid taps.

Running a greddy oled ebc, but might switch to turbosmart eboost...

Running a greddy oled ebc, but might switch to turbosmart eboost...

Eboost street are good easy to use and have a function to control boost taper by revs

Not sure if you will make much more than 260kw on e85 out of the ss1.5

I made 266rwkw on 25psi tapering abit as the turbos maxxed out on a .86 rear housing

Might net 5-10kw with the new manifold and external gate

Good luck

With the money you spending on the extra mods

Might aswell send stao it back and upgrade it to a ss2 280kw easy

Not much lag difference but the extra 20kw top end will be felt

I'm not really looking for huge gains, I know it will be very little, if any.

Reason I'm changing my setup is to prepare for a turbo upgrade

Also if you find that boost is bleeding up top it could be FMIC related... best to test with the pressure source on the cold side vs. hot side...

Built Ca18det powered Corolla making 358rwkws on e85 fuel using our Sl205 turbocharger externally gated.

14485105_1183304561713473_4547276984367510875_n.jpg

14517569_1183304538380142_2485765178389149791_n.jpg

377rwkw.jpg

We sponsored topstages S14 for wtac this year, its an built sr20det with solid head and pro cams. Upgraded to our ATR43SAT turbocharger from Garrett GT3071. Car made more power through out the whole rev range and maxed at 381rwkws e85 fuel.

14500401_1188416121202317_7459079940687644073_o.jpg[/color]

Red Atr43G3SAT vs Green Garrett GT3071

391rwkw.jpg

Track test of 1.35 at Philip Island

After an secondary fuel fuel pump added. I've decided to slightly size the current turbo to an ATR45SAT Cbb. The car maxed at 408rwkws, detuned to 400rwkws for WTAC coming.

14542310_1188415847869011_4192307889720949383_o.jpg

399rwkw.jpg

Winton track test of 1.251 fastest lap. Beating previous WTAC record of 1.26

14519735_1805987033011106_2283449226619155314_n.jpg

Hey guys just need some advice on my ss1.5 turbo.

I made 230kw on 18psi on my vct S14a with all the usual mods. Poncams, 740 injectors, intercooler, fuel pump, 3 inch straight through exhaust etc.

My tuner said he could now get any more power but I think it's because my actuator spring being a 18 psi spring. If I change it to a 22psi spring how much more power will I gain

Edited by lonawifabona

If tuner couldn't make more power it doesn't mean that he couldn't boost it more.

It could have been pinging for instance and tuner decided against pushing it harder!

You don't have split dump pipe or return flow intercooler by any chance do you?

Edited by ru55kj

No I don't have those items. Also I don't know how to with the ebc so I'll leave that for some one who knows what they are doing

Edited by lonawifabona

I shouldn't bother with the 22psi spring?

If you ever want to run less than 22psi, then no, don't waste your money on a part you'll simply have to remove.

The ss15 is made to hold 18psi in a free flow setup. I would check boost pressure before cooler with exhaust dropped before stiff up the actuator.

Drop the cat before putting it on the dyno and run it down pipe to atmosphere. Do a run and compare the torque to the original final run.

Most likely intercooler or exhaust related

I had a similar issue when i ran the ss1.5

Was on e85 though

Tuner didnt want to run more than 20psi cause due back pressure issues with the small rear housing

Still made 250kw though but he said if i ran more boost it wouldnt be worth it as he would have to take out timing basically still make similar power with more boost

Only proper solution was a larger rear housing which i tried

but you have to sacrafice abit of power down low depends what you want

It came on abit later but the powerband more linear where as before with the smaller rear was quicker onto boost and more snappy better for street

Still went on to make 266rwkw on 25psi dropping to 21-22psi up top and ran a 12.3 at 122mph at the drags

Not worth wasting the money to get a larger rear housing than install and tune for the 10-15kw gain better upgrading to a ss2 or just live with power you got as 230kw aint bad if on pump 98 and 18psi

I have an ext gate with 14 lb springs and a bleed valve allowing 20 psi boost and have wondered if I replaced the spring with a 20 lb one would there be any difference in the boost curve?

I have an ext gate with 14 lb springs and a bleed valve allowing 20 psi boost and have wondered if I replaced the spring with a 20 lb one would there be any difference in the boost curve?

Thought this thread would be the best place to ask .