HyperGear

HyperGear SR20det turbocharger Innovation, Evaluation and Testing

oh, so the hypergears use a different oil line? is there an adapter or line i can throw into the order from hypergear?

It is the oil feeding line. From memory stock S14 and GTiR has the 7/16 SAE benjo fittings. If that is what you've got then stock oil line is fine. But S13 has the olive fittings, if that is the case then it will needs braided oil line. The oil line is $88 additional.

well I have a braided line from GKTech - Earls lines.

are they suitable?

You just need the oil inlet fitting m12x1.5 to dash 4 then you can screw your earls line to it

Little update on the ATR28SS series. This particular prototype is a modified SS15 in a .64 rear, how ever the modification did not take effect. Still made a reasonably responsive 255rwkws @ 18psi on pump 98 fuel.

power.jpg

boost.JPG

This turbocharger against the most responsive SR in record using a GT2871R in .64 turbine housing, and beats it in both power and response:

vsgt2871power.JPG

vsgt2871boost.JPG

I also conducted a test evaluating factory 2.5 inches induction pipe Vs a 3 inches induction pipe. Results as shown:

25inchpipeincar.jpg

Differences is 13kws at 255rwkws application: Red is with 2.5 inches induction pipe, while Green is the normal 3 inches induction pipe.

inductionpower.JPG

inductionboost.JPG

Edited by HyperGear

Tao is one of the best sellers with customer service as he is constantly testing new designs to make them better and better

But I still think the atr28ss2 performs the best so far

When will these be avail to public? Will there be an external gated version?

Those are yet available. The particular one shown above is our ATR28SS15 in .64 turbine. They can be externally gated with the internal gate pined shut.

Please PM with prices.

Are you able to weld the internal gate flap before sending it?

All details of successfully evaluated turbochargers are on our site under ATR28SS series, alternatively you can PM me with specific goals targeted and I can also configuration the right combination for more specific applications.

2ndly few members have pointed out Journal bearing and ball bearing system via email. The bearing system that we are currently using is a low friction journal system we've been developing from 2009 to current.

On the same time we also build steel ball bearing and silicon nitrate cage less ball bearing systems. Reason that I choice journal bearing as default is because this particular system not only has similar to ball bearing system's response, and proven to be reliable working with high pressure and heat.

Video demonstration of our low friction Journal shutting down on a Rb25det R33 skyline:

And of course, this our silicon nitrate ball bearing SS-4:

BB Looks Great, How ever not much of differences on paper:

vsbushboost.jpg

How responsive a turbocharger is depending on the profile and blade radius of its wheels, and housings corresponding to. The SS15 that have out performed the BB 2071 is also using our low friction journal system.

Edited by HyperGear

He can do anything you ask him to, I'm running an externally gated SS2 billet and in 4th I can achieve 1.2bar of boost at 3700rpm.

Im in the process of putting a atr28ss2 with a s15 comp cover. Will update my results once I get a retune in the near future

Sick will be awesome

My brothers has one installed in his s13 with s15 motor but 3 inch comp cover will good to compare

He still need to finish installing the supporting mods and then a tune

Do you have any dyno graphs showing SR with your turbo's but running Brian Crower 264/264 cams?

The evaluation car has BC Step 2 cams Which is 264 / 12.06. Note some of the earlier ones did not have VCT, the last two runs had VCT engaged.

There is about 15kws difference using this cams compare to a Tomei step 1 drop in cams in top end. The smaller cams had better down low.

Edited by HyperGear

Got the car on the road last night, all seems to be running smoothly. Before I get a retune im getting a 3" intake pipe made up. I bought one of those t28 comp flange 2.5-3" adaptors stao

Took my 180sx to wsid with sr20det with the ss1.5 and .86ar currently at 266rwkw

Ran a best of 12.3@122mph with a shit 2.1 60ft

Beat my last pb of 12.4@120mph with the atr28g2

Going to test it again after I put in a 3inch intake and walbro 450lph pump and a touch up tune

Hopefully will get closer to the 11s and I will also try it with the et streets as I only ran street semis

But had the et streets on when I ran the 12.4 with the atr28g2

Great results.

I'm currently working on a prototype of a smaller turbocharger that is aimed more specifically at S14/S15 engines with VTC cam gear. It is targeting at stabilizing boost level at high RPMs, in which most of SR's using smaller internally gated turbochargers has a boost tapering behavior. While having it holding boost, I also do not want it to lose much of timing due to heat. I have been through a number of failed attempts so far, hopefully the current prototype show some differences on the dyno next week.

Edited by HyperGear

Tao, you planning to swap back to the stock manifold too?

Similar to what you've done with the RB25DET turbo range/engineering.

There is 500rpm lag difference going from a tuned length manifold to the std cast short runner manifold

There is 500rpm lag difference going from a tuned length manifold to the std cast short runner manifold

I'm more concerned about the power bottle neck

At moment I'm working on a bolton turbo that can hold boost, not that laggy and on the same time don't have to back off so much timing on high boost

The next would be find out what OEM parts are capable of and percentage of restrictions might be.

Which is why i'm very interested to come up with some formulas and volume metric graphs based on fuel consumption at different RPMs and boost range. That would be an more accurate power prediction then judging on dyno sheets of a different engine package. The data is also useful on judging performance gain of different types of supporting mods.

If any one might have worked it out before please share your workouts. Thanks.

Edited by HyperGear