Sign in to follow this  
madniz13

S15 Owners....Wheel fitment/offset questions.

I Have these specs on my 15.

with tein super streets, as low as they go, and I reckon fitment is spot on ;)

each to their own however.

18*8.5+30 fronts

18*9.5+35/38 rears

235*40*18 tires fronts

255*35*18 tires rears

Mine is stock sus as well, probably not good fitment for coils

Edited by zefside_s15

This has been done to death and it's always S15 owners that start the exact same thread.

Shame the forum and threads are so fricken hard to navigate to find anything.

Need a Silvia Rimtuck Specific page or something. A bit like the turbo excel sheet.

If the search function on the forum is giving shit results, use google and what ever you tried to search here , put nissansilvia.com at the end of it. that works pretty well. We aslo have the 500+ page offset thread, granted it doesn't have the search fields of rimtuck .... but rimtuck is already there, and user friendly.

On stock suspension they look nice, as the vertical gap between the tyre and guard masks the conservative offset. However, if you were to lower the car to the position [on average] guys with S15s run, nothing too outrageous, then the gap between the face of the wheel and the guard would become much more apparant and it would look a bit sunken.

Essentially, what can look decent at a sensible ride height can look rather average at a low ride height. As a more mature owner, I'm guessing you're shooting for more of an upspec-stock look than a boy-racer car, and if so your wheels are appropriate for your goal. Looks very similar to the setup on the M3s and Mercs I see parked at work each day.

Phew, they don't look like absolute garbage lol! Thanks for the explaining that, I understand how it works now. To be honest I would l love to get the car lowered but if we did it wouldn't be able to get into the driveway without leaving the exhaust behind!

If you are being told that the Black RPF1s arent available in that size, its because they dont have them for immediate delivery, ie the stock is not in the country.

if you are dealing with Autotechnik that is. He told me the same thing about 17x9 +22s in black....one week after I get mine delivered....they suddenly exist.

I have a wheel offset table in excel from data I have collected over years of selling wheels.

email me for a copy if you would like one.

Edited by nizpro

If you are being told that the Black RPF1s arent available in that size, its because they dont have them for immediate delivery, ie the stock is not in the country.

if you are dealing with Autotechnik that is. He told me the same thing about 17x9 +22s in black....one week after I get mine delivered....they suddenly exist.

This directed at me ?

Black +22 no problem.

It was the other size not available in black. Can't remember now what it was.

Enkei have the list on their website with offsets and colours.

What I am saying is, he definitely can get them in black, any size. he just doesnt have them now, so you wont be offered them.

I've got 18x8.5 +30 all round for street with 245/35 rsr's and 255/35 rsr's on the rear in black rpf1

and 18x8.5 +30 front and 18x9 +40 with hankook z201 245/40 all round for the track in bronze ce28

front still scrub a little on the track but not too bad

Hi guys,

Just need some advice on possible options that are available to assist in nice fitment for my wheels.

I have Rays Volk GTC's:

- 18 x 8 front +11 offset

- 18 x 9 rear 6x offset

Suspension - Tein Superstreet Coilovers

Tyres that came with the wheels are Nenkangs/Wanli 235/40/18 on both the rear and the front. (Will be ordering better tyres very soon).

The fronts rub on the front bumper when turning so i have reverted back to the stock wheels until i get a better profile tyre. Any suggestions for the front?

Haven't had the chance to see if the fronts are rubbing on the guards while driving, but the rears rub on guard when going over rough bumps even with EDFC set on #5 stiffness. Space between the rear tyre and guard is approx 1-1.5 inches.

What guard work options would suit my situation? Please let me know if you need more information.

Take some photos and post them Fiddy. 1-1.5 inches from the guard allows no suspension stroke at all, but without seeing the actual points at which the wheels foul, it's really difficult to give you input.

Fiddy, stretch a 215 or 225 width tyre on the front wheel, that'll help especially in that offset.

For rear you'll need camber and rolled guards to sort that out... or super stretched tyres which I'm not a fan of.

I have GTC's 18x8 +18 front with a 225 width tyre and 18x9 +19 rear with a 235 width tyre, no scrubs.

-3.5 deg camber up front and -1.5 deg camber rear is my alignment setup.

Front spacers edit1.jpg

My s15 had

18x9 +25 fronts with 10mm spacer 225 tyres

18x10 +15 rears with 235 tyres

Had to pull the front guards a tiny bit and the rears out abit but looked sex had as much camber on the front as I could and was -3 on the rear im pretty sure.

Wish I never sold this car :(

Tyres that came with the wheels are Nenkangs/Wanli 235/40/18 on both the rear and the front. (Will be ordering better tyres very soon).

The fronts rub on the front bumper when turning so i have reverted back to the stock wheels until i get a better profile tyre. Any suggestions for the front?

The fronts rubbing on the front bumper will be your castor settings mine did this when the castor rods came loose so set it around 6-7degrees and you should be sweet I think.

with tein super streets, as low as they go, and I reckon fitment is spot on wink.png

18*8.5+30 fronts

18*9.5+35/38 rears

235*40*18 tires fronts

255*35*18 tires rears

Do you have a picture?

Thanks for your replies everyone. I will be buying 225 tyres for the front to remove the front turning problem. Wanting to put 255 tyres on the rear.

As for camber, am i still able to adjust my tein SS camber if i have EDFC? (Crrently have EDFC).

Definitely getting the guards rolled. But as for fender pulling not sure.

I got a rough quote for fender pulling and rolling and they quoted 2k plus 2k freight?!!? Does that seem a little high to anyone else?

They advised that the paint would crack and would have to rapaint all four panels.

That's crap, got my fronts rolled and flair 10mm out for 250. Yes it cracks paint underneath but it doesn't effect the look out the guard.

I live in regional NSW. Does anyone know who can do a good job around Dubbo/Parkes Region?

Anyone know any suggestions/advice for for camber? Am i still able to adjust my tein SS camber if i have EDFC? (Crrently have EDFC).

with tein super streets, as low as they go, and I reckon fitment is spot on wink.png

18*8.5+30 fronts

18*9.5+35/38 rears

235*40*18 tires fronts

255*35*18 tires rears

Do you have a picture?

view on how it sits,

rear guards needed lipping a little,

20140506_174207.jpg

20140506_174215.jpg

Do you have any pics from the side? Tbh I was more interested to see how 18s look on Super Streets than anything else :)

hey n0nac-S15, how far do the rea tein ss wind up? As in max ride height.

As you know, when adjusting the rears, the thread disappears into the cylinder at the bottom where as the fronts, the thread goes through the cylinder?

Just want to know how far i can adjust the height withough fully removing the threaded cylinder which cna be dangerous due to the load on the coil overs springs.

Is there a safety mecahnism that stops the winding of the thread upwards when it has reached its max?

when i get a chance ill get the side pix.

the front are as low as it goes and the rear is 15mm higher.

you need that difference in height.

umm these are not base height adjustable? if thats what you mean???

its just 2 nuts that move up and down the threaded cylinder which chances the height...

i dunno what shocks you got, this is tein superstreets...

tein super streets with top mounts-01.jpg

My mistake, i got confused for some reason. I have tein flex coilovers sorry.

Anyone out there that know the max height adustment for the rear on Tein flex coilovers as mentioned above?

I have read the hugh thread on offsets and sort of understand about ET/offsets, well sort of. I'm trying to get some wheels and tires from Advance Tyres in Richmond Vic, I know standard offset for a S15 is 45. My S15 has standard suspension and ride height and I want to have 18x8s on front and 18x9s on the rear, I have an option of front offsets from 35-45 and rear 20-45. At this stage I havent chosen the tyres but they will be 40 profile. So what I'm asking is which offset will just poke out of the guard and which offset will be flush with the guard on a standard S15 setup? Down the track I will probably lower and get guards rolled, but not yet.

Thanks

+35 or +30 front wrapped in 235/40/18

+38 wrapped in 255/35/18

will fit with minimal if any guard work.

speedo will be a fly dicks out.

but you will not even notice it!

^...Thanks for the quick response...

Edited by Herbs_001

here yas go

front dropped as low as it goes. rear about 15mm higher..

20131220_132213.jpg