Sign in to follow this  
Tim Sil80

My Sileighty aka Noah

Good to see how its all coming along Tim, I remember when you first signed up! I bet Hardtuned has been a big help :)

Good on ya 13.4!

My PB in my R34 is 13.1 with 210 rwkw (heavy car)

either way good stuff mate!

this looks mint man! super clean

Cheers mate, yeah the old girls pretty tidy, definitely not your average trashed s13.

Good to see how its all coming along Tim, I remember when you first signed up! I bet Hardtuned has been a big help :)

Good on ya 13.4!

My PB in my R34 is 13.1 with 210 rwkw (heavy car)

either way good stuff mate!

Haha yeah have definitely learned a thing or two from the guys in the know on this forum, also helps my old mans a mechanic, and it's been fun helping out doing work to the car wherever I can. 13.1 is pretty good mate, I'm happy with my 13.4. The goal for the car was to get into the 13's so I'm happy with a low 13. Future plans now will be to tidy a few bits and pieces up, nothing to crazy though.

That is a painful looking build mate.... I get 248rwkw from my custom Sil80 with some small mods and proper tuning.

If your tuner forgets what turbo your running he shouldn't be be dyno tuning lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LoL... As I list them they look like a lot but there still basic.

Tomei M7960 Turbo

Greddy front mount intercooler

walbro intake fuel pump

S15 OEM Injectors

standard ECU remapped

Nismo fuel regulator

AVCR boot controller

Tomei Expreme exhaust manfold

Tomei Expreme titanium exhaust.

Tuned by Mike Dale. Does not skip a beat will post up the build when I have time.

Tim mine mad similar power with similar mods if you remember, 2871R nismo 740cc cheap Chinese front mont, nistune + 20psi = 210rwkw 899nm

Tim mine mad similar power with similar mods if you remember, 2871R nismo 740cc cheap Chinese front mont, nistune + 20psi = 210rwkw 899nm

Yeah that's 5 more psi than I'm running. I'm happy enough with the power I'm making on 15psi, and the lower boost should keep the engine healthier for longer.

Yeah that's 5 more psi than I'm running. I'm happy enough with the power I'm making on 15psi, and the lower boost should keep the engine healthier for longer.

how do you figure?

how do you figure?

It's a no brainer man, the more boost your pushing into the engine the quicker the engine is going to wear. Im interested to hear if you don't agree.

Also you guys running around 20 psi live down south where it's colder. Bring your cars up here where I live and see how high your intake temps get in the 34-40 degree heat, I bet they'll ping their ass off.

how do you figure?

It's a no brainer man, the more boost your pushing into the engine the quicker the engine is going to wear. Im interested to hear if you don't agree.

Also you guys running around 20 psi live down south where it's colder. Bring your cars up here where I live and see how high your intake temps get in the 34-40 degree heat, I bet they'll ping their ass off.

Well it's not like you're limiter bashing it on a daily basis, it's just the power is there when needed. Mines set at 12psi~ but I hardly find myself going over 8 lol

Tomei M7960 Turbo

walbro intake fuel pump

S15 OEM Injectors

standard ECU remapped

Nismo fuel regulator

AVCR boot controller

Tuned by Mike Dale. Does not skip a beat will post up the build when I have time.

How much boost? Sounds like a very happy dyno or something. Never seen an sr make that kinda power with mods like that.

Didnt think the s15 oem injectors could handle that much

how do you figure?

fairy enough, just didn't think you were doing up a "safe car" thought you were working a 180, they can certainly handle the power.

The way you've got it setup, it will outlast you :woot:

Hope so Danny, if the engine goes boom she will be sitting in the garage for a long time.

Tomei M7960 Turbo

walbro intake fuel pump

S15 OEM Injectors

standard ECU remapped

Nismo fuel regulator

AVCR boot controller

If you call those small mods I'm curious as to what you would consider large mods haha, I've got basically the same setup except a bigger Hypergear turbo 740cc injectors and tomei poncams making 252kw on 18psi.

I'm assuming you mean a Nistune when you say remapped ecu because the standard ecu can't be remapped, and with stock injectors and cams it would be impossible to make that much power no matter how "proper" your tune is so I call bullshit lol, either your tuner lied or you're exagerating haha

Edited by Coastie

Tomei M7960 Turbo

walbro intake fuel pump

S15 OEM Injectors

standard ECU remapped

Nismo fuel regulator

AVCR boot controller

If you call those small mods I'm curious as to what you would consider large mods haha, I've got basically the same setup except a bigger Hypergear turbo 740cc injectors and tomei poncams making 252kw on 18psi.

I'm assuming you mean a Nistune when you say remapped ecu because the standard ecu can't be remapped, and with stock injectors and cams it would be impossible to make that much power no matter how "proper" your tune is so I call bullshit lol, either your tuner lied or you're exagerating haha

This ^

He means small mods, as in he hasn't stripped down the motor and done his valves, lifters, springs retainers, port and polished head, new pistons new forged bottom end etc.

I'd call them medium mods.

I believe him, its certainly not impossible to gain those figures with mods like this, maybe he hasn't listed a thing or two, so what!?

His point was Tim's car should be getting more "bang" for his buck...

Which I also think that to be true.

He means small mods, as in he hasn't stripped down the motor and done his valves, lifters, springs retainers, port and polished head, new pistons new forged bottom end etc.

I'd call them medium mods.

I believe him, its certainly not impossible to gain those figures with mods like this, maybe he hasn't listed a thing or two, so what!?

His point was Tim's car should be getting more "bang" for his buck...

Which I also think that to be true.

Yeah thanks I got the point but we've already established that Tims result is on par for 15psi stock cams and a 35 degree day.

I just can't believe that stock injectors would handle that much power, regardless of what mods have been left out you still need a certain amount of fuel to reach a power level, but I'd love to be proven wrong, a lot of people would be spewing they upgraded injectors if the stockies are capable of 240+kw even though it's a well known fact that you'd be lucky to get over 200 haha

well known fact?

I'll try and find it, but I was reading a build thread the other day that had stock injectors (370cc?) or something and it was making around the 230 mark.

I'm running stock injectors and I'm sitting on 210 rwkw's

well known fact?

I'll try and find it, but I was reading a build thread the other day that had stock injectors (370cc?) or something and it was making around the 230 mark.

Yup, that's why most people would recommend upgrading if you're aiming for over 200kw, most tuners won't like running over 90% duty cycle, sure you could up the fuel pressure but then your spray pattern goes out the window.

I'm just saying the dudes come on and given some vague ass explanation for this unheard of figure for stock injectors, I think we'd all like to see some more info haha

• Upvote 1

well known fact?

Yup, that's why most people would recommend upgrading if you're aiming for over 200kw, most tuners won't like running over 90% duty cycle, sure you could up the fuel pressure but then your spray pattern goes out the window.

I'm just saying the dudes come on and given some vague ass explanation for this unheard of figure for stock injectors, I think we'd all like to see some more info haha

touché

maybe he does have like nimso 740's or something, he didn't list

Tomei M7960 Turbo

walbro intake fuel pump

S15 OEM Injectors

standard ECU remapped

Nismo fuel regulator

AVCR boot controller

Looks like he said stock s15 injectors to me. I say the guys talking shit, unless he can prove otherwas.

That intake is sexy!

We need a dose vid! haha

Finally made one haha, hope you enjoy.

The spool up never sounded that good when that turbo was in my car! I need to get me one of those intakes made!

Haha yeah the rubber intake pipes absorb heaps of the sound, get a solid intake the school girls will get moist panties.

I've been waiting for that video!! Love it! Love how loud the spool is! I want one now haha

I've made mine out of two 90* silicone pipes. Probably would of been cheaper to get one made up but anyway!

Haha I've seen that vid on YouTube a few weeks back. You could get a solid intake made up heaps cheaper than what I paid if you didn't want lobster.

New pads front and rear and machined the rotors. Also ditched the red caliper paint and went black, just gotta do the Nissan lettering in white.

image.jpg