Sign in to follow this  
Tim Sil80

My Sileighty aka Noah

^ Love it. Never been a fan of red calipers. Clean car man. Not too often you see them looking like this.

^ Love it. Never been a fan of red calipers. Clean car man. Not too often you see them looking like this.

Cheers man, yeah most of them are spare parts or drift pigs these days. Where in QLD you located ?

One of my mates :-)

He said there was no chance in hell he was putting it on, once he put it on he loved everyone's reactions so decided to keep it on for ages lol.

Can't believe I haven't seen this yet. Very tidy, Tim! Loving those polishing skills ;)

It's always nice to see a clean sil80, I've been seeing a few driving around lately and they all look like pieces of shit.

Edited by M1TCHY

Can't believe I haven't seen this yet. Very tidy, Tim! Loving those polishing skills ;)

It's always nice to see a clean sil80, I've been seeing a few driving around lately and they all look like pieces of shit.

Thanks mate, my OCD is what gives me polishing skills haha. Agree 90% of s13's around these days are pieces of shit.

Haven't updated this for ages, been to busy kayak fishing haha. Anyway nothing much new with the car apart from the occasional drive to keep her running. Plan to change all fluids and plugs over the next few weeks before Jamboree.

Here's the latest pic of how she looks :-)

image.jpg

Quality oils :)

recommend the nulon additive?

Quality oils :)

recommend the nulon additive?

Haven't tried it yet, will give it a good test at jamboree. From what I've read people reckon it works wonders.

Small update, car has ran a new PB of 13.1@105mph

Also won street compact class at jamboree.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

LoL... As I list them they look like a lot but there still basic.

Tomei M7960 Turbo

Greddy front mount intercooler

walbro intake fuel pump

S15 OEM Injectors

standard ECU remapped

Nismo fuel regulator

AVCR boot controller

Tomei Expreme exhaust manfold

Tomei Expreme titanium exhaust.

Tuned by Mike Dale. Does not skip a beat will post up the build when I have time.

If you call those small mods I'm curious as to what you would consider large mods haha, I've got basically the same setup except a bigger Hypergear turbo 740cc injectors and tomei poncams making 252kw on 18psi.

I'm assuming you mean a Nistune when you say remapped ecu because the standard ecu can't be remapped, and with stock injectors and cams it would be impossible to make that much power no matter how "proper" your tune is so I call bullshit lol, either your tuner lied or you're exagerating haha

Nope. No bullshit I just know what I'm doing. S15 oem injectors and (Nisstune) not remap. And mods I've listed at 18psi easily hits 240kW at the wheels.

I got the dyno read out and even have mod certificate from Regency as it's my daily.

Don't even get me started on my track car

well known fact?

I'll try and find it, but I was reading a build thread the other day that had stock injectors (370cc?) or something and it was making around the 230 mark.

I'm running stock injectors and I'm sitting on 210 rwkw's

Yup, that's why most people would recommend upgrading if you're aiming for over 200kw, most tuners won't like running over 90% duty cycle, sure you could up the fuel pressure but then your spray pattern goes out the window.

I'm just saying the dudes come on and given some vague ass explanation for this unheard of figure for stock injectors, I think we'd all like to see some more info haha

touché

maybe he does have like nimso 740's or something, he didn't list

Nope S15 Oem. As I was trying to make it street legal as possible, but still get power Coastie you have just had people piss in your ear. I know from experience.

Danny you obviously are on the same Page. Appreciate the back up I should post up my build to shut up the 90% of dreamers on this site

Cool story SIKCNT

Anyway update on the car...

Haven't done much with it since Jambo apart from a test n tune to let the missus have a couple of runs. Also decided I'm sick of my PB time being so close to breaking into the 12's so decided I'm going to purchase a Hypergear Turbo and hopefully up the power to around 200-220kw atw.

Watch this space...

Nope. No bullshit I just know what I'm doing. S15 oem injectors and (Nisstune) not remap. And mods I've listed at 18psi easily hits 240kW at the wheels.

I got the dyno read out and even have mod certificate from Regency as it's my daily.

Sounds like the dyno run was in either 3rd or 4th gear. You should be running it in 5th.

No way 448cc injectors & T28BB can make those numbers.

Sounds like the dyno run was in either 3rd or 4th gear. You should be running it in 5th.

No way 448cc injectors & T28BB can make those numbers.

Careful John he'll send you a personal message with a dyno print out and say you're a dumb *milkshake* that doesn't know anything but won't give any evidence of injector size or anything hahaha

Wonder who the liar tuner is? haha

I welcome the dyno print out :)

I'll save him the trouble haha

- SIKCNT

Sent 09 November 2015 - 10:55 PM

If i realised that people were gonna be so skeptical i would have taken a photo with the car getting dyno tuned and holding a newspaper lol.

Before anyone says anything this was done before the Tomei titanium exhaust change over and yes slightly cooler day.

Either way mine is better than yours.

image.jpeg

Edited by Coastie

^ not a stock turbo, there's no way a T28BB will hold 18psi up top, they ALL bleed down to under 1 bar after peak torque - even with aftermarket 1 bar actuators.

Also whoever setup that boost controller needs a lesson or two on setting up.

No way AFRs are that low with 448cc injectors not to mention - the dyno chart says it's a 180SX :)

Doesn't he have a S15? :)

So i have decided to make the SIL80 a track car now.

Watch this space !!!