Sign in to follow this  
Spazo

How much are s15's selling for right now?

Just wondering what people are actually buying/sellings15's for right now in nsw for example. I have looked on carsales and the asking prices haven't come down in a while but I know it might be a different story with the actual sale price.

Asking price on drift sales is around 12-16k, trade in prices are dealerships are insulting.

There's a red one on driftsales now for 8k, guy needs money urgently and the car may have a bad history insurance wise. But from now on all offers for S15's will start at 7500 :(

Looking at that FB post that car was a write off with dodgy repair like boot floor plan from another model etc...

Shannon's insure mine for 12,800

Edited by ru55kj

what a insult, i have considered selling mine as i wanted to get something abit more practical. I want a forester turbo.

I paid 25k for my S15, and ive probably spent 20k on it in the last 6 years, and what, im going to sell it for 13k?

And to add insult to injury, mine is a 200sx, im the second owner, i have the original purchace recipts from nissan, all log book service history. It has 190 000km's on it.

It is one of the cleanest S15's around. But I sure as hell bet people will rather look at one with a "legitimate" 95 000km's on it, on a 99 model import. Or try and screw me down because of km's on mine.

Funny when ive done over 120 000km's in my car in 6 years, yet a 15 year old car thats been in the country for years has under 100k on it.

As much as i want a late model forester XT, im not prepared to throw 40k down the drain to get one, and then need to spend 15k on it to get to a point im happy with it.

sux doesn't it? but thats life i guess, i should have kept one of my many crap box S13's instead of upgrading to a S15. would hurt less.

Seen a few go for under $10 000.. probably high K's, write off etcs.

Id say a fair price for one would be $14 000 which minor mods like FMIC, EBC, coilovers etc.

Prices have plummeted, I remember when private sale S15s were 20k+ :lol:

On another note, S13 prices have increased.. I got offered $8000 for mine lol and its turbocharged.

Cro, I know it's depressing but on the bright side if you go and buy another used car, it's also grossly devalued. If yours is pretty clean and reliable then you're probably enjoying it enough not to sell.

I have a blue spec R ADM selling for a friend for $8500. Has some panel damage on rear right quarter and white front bar. Has 130000km and full service history, engineers certificate for front mount inter cooler, 18 inch wheels and window tint. Sunroof and everything else works fine, has CES racine exhaust which sounds great. Will negotiate on price a little, great car if you dont mind doing a little panel work, was quoted $600 to repair. Rego till October, sell with RWC

what a insult, i have considered selling mine as i wanted to get something abit more practical. I want a forester turbo.

I paid 25k for my S15, and ive probably spent 20k on it in the last 6 years, and what, im going to sell it for 13k?

And to add insult to injury, mine is a 200sx, im the second owner, i have the original purchace recipts from nissan, all log book service history. It has 190 000km's on it.

It is one of the cleanest S15's around. But I sure as hell bet people will rather look at one with a "legitimate" 95 000km's on it, on a 99 model import. Or try and screw me down because of km's on mine.

Funny when ive done over 120 000km's in my car in 6 years, yet a 15 year old car thats been in the country for years has under 100k on it.

As much as i want a late model forester XT, im not prepared to throw 40k down the drain to get one, and then need to spend 15k on it to get to a point im happy with it.

sux doesn't it? but thats life i guess, i should have kept one of my many crap box S13's instead of upgrading to a S15. would hurt less.

im in exactly the same boat - except iv had mine for 10 years now...

carsales tells me similar mods is worth 16k.

its insured for 20k through shannons.

no longer worth selling,

im gonna keep it as my toy :)

Huh, so does that mean the "Type X" 180's are worth the most out of the s-chassis these days???

Cheers,

Andy

I really don't understand how people are upset here. A Subaru Liberty cost around $45K new in 2004, now fetches around the $13k mark, and is quite unlikely to have been driven as hard in its lifetime as an S15.

This level of depreciation is extremely common, and imo doesn't warrant any surprise at all. I think people in this scene just get upset because they expect the 'fanboy tax' will net them more than the car is really worth. Take for instance the AE86. It is NOT worth anywhere near the price they sell for, but the fanboys and fangirls jack the price up artificially.

CroS13 also raised another point of complaint people often make (not having a shot at you, just putting the idea out there), which can be greatly misleading. The money spent on cars is often a poor reflection of the actual value added to the car come sale time. Of that $20k, suppose you had a full respray, changed the turbo three times and got it retuned each time, upgraded the supporting mods, replaced the engine, then rebuilt the engine and upgraded the clutch. How much value does that really add to the car. The paint is irrellevant, the first two turbos and tunes are irrellevant, the original supporting mods are irrellevant and the replacement engine irrellevant. Even a rebuilt engine is largely irrellevant, because as a buyer, I would expect it to come with paint, a running SR20, a turbo, an intercooler, an exhaust and some form of tune. A clean car with some upgrades is really just the same thing but a little cleaner and goes a little harder. It's only when you get into big changes, like 2JZ installs, that the money spent can be better justified in the price increase.

People also tend to factor in workshop prices when tallying what they've spent on the car, and this too shouldn't be considered when deciding on cost. If I spend 2 hours upgrading a $10 bush on a car, versus someone spending $170 to have a workshop supply and fit the same bush... the car has only experienced a $10 increase in value at most. The owner spent that $160 so they could stay at home and shag their girlfriend or something; has nothing to do with the car at all.

Edited by pmod
  • Upvote 2

Let's be honest, when we all bought an S chassis car or whatever and splashed out way too much on it it wasn't for the resale value haha. I know I'm gonna get fark all back when I finally sell it but neither will those that buy a new 50k car and sell it 10 years later. Same shit but I know I will have had a lot more fun

At the end of the day, none of us bought these for re-sale value. Things like factory Aero's seem to hold their price a little better but its still way lower than what we would like but like pmod said thats the nature of the Japanese used car market let alone on a line of cars that were specifically designed for drifting and have a reputation as cars that are driven hard. I paid 22K for mine knowing that i could find ones in Australia for around 16K but i wanted something very specific and so i paid the money for it. If you want something with a good re-sell value then buy a Ferrari.

Edited by JDMDaniel

s15 though have finally dropped into line with other sils compared to say 2 years ago

for ages you couldnt really get a s15 for

Though for some reason (maybe there a just a few more going around done right) s14 zenkis and R33's have jumped up in price compared to say 4ish years ago ... or not really depreciated any further. Along with cars like R33 4 doors which were only worth there driveline now somewhat popular

All the ones selling for under 10k are f**king shit boxes. High kms, accident history etc.

All the good condition, low km, tastefully modded ones still go for 15k at least.

For a 12-15 year old car, who can complain with that?

All the ones selling for under 10k are f**king shit boxes. High kms, accident history etc.

All the good condition, low km, tastefully modded ones still go for 15k at least.

Exactly. When determining the market value of a vehicle you don't exactly look at the ones that have accident history or are in crap condition.

its the nature of these cars price to fluctuate look at cars like the ke70 or sprinter, who knows our s chassis might go up stupidly in the next ten years due to them all being killed, s13's seem to be on the up, but i dont see myself selling mine if i upgrade to my dream car ill most likely keep the s14 aswell

Exactly. When determining the market value of a vehicle you don't exactly look at the ones that have accident history or are in crap condition.

The market is drift sales and jdmst groupie gugs etc, so it does because they low ball you publicly when some loser sold his rear quarter repaired 11111000,000k S15 last week for 8 or a another Dingle berry sells his decent one for 11k because he got himself in financial trouble.

New benchmarks are always in place because this market these days is full of dead beats.

That's actually very true. Would that still mean that a pristine example is subject to that kind of fluctuation though? or will it stand apart?

Seen a few go for under $10 000.. probably high K's, write off etcs.

Id say a fair price for one would be $14 000 which minor mods like FMIC, EBC, coilovers etc.

Prices have plummeted, I remember when private sale S15s were 20k+ laugh.png

On another note, S13 prices have increased.. I got offered $8000 for mine lol and its turbocharged.

got mine for $9500 a year and half ago. Damn good condition.

high 190,000km. in great shape apart from small scratches and 1 ciggie burn on carpet.

no accident. report came in clean as ! had 18's, not boosted etc.

Basically the car's worth what someone is willing to pay. There is too much emotional pricing attached with "enthusiasts" cars.

Been seeing a lot of overpriced, crappy trashed s13's going around, cars that would otherwise be worthless, with owners thinking that some coilovers and wheels will make up for crappy paint, beaten up body, demolished interior and worn out everything else. In general, the AUS secondhand car market is overvalued compared to other countries and many cars have been dropping bigtime lately, due to cheaper new cars

s15's have dropped so much since i bought mine a year and a half ago....it make me sad :(

paid 26k for mine, when decent basic modded ones were going for 18. now a basic modded one goes for about 14

Huh, so does that mean the "Type X" 180's are worth the most out of the s-chassis these days???

Cheers,

Andy

I guess they are holding their value, so much so that import dealers are still bringing them in Aus to sell!

Usually around 14k dealer and 10k private sales.

Is it worth it? Id say so.. some may say its just a S13 but double or even triple the cost.

But you get nice interior, 5-10 years newer, best looking s-chassis that came out of factory (that kit is to die for) etc

i still cant believe how much kids over east are willing to pay for NA s13's.

wouldnt see one sell for more than 4k here, and thats IF its done up nicely (but no one does up NA's over here). most go for 2-3k

Cheers,

Andy

I guess they are holding their value, so much so that import dealers are still bringing them in Aus to sell!

Usually around 14k dealer and 10k private sales.

Is it worth it? Id say so.. some may say its just a S13 but double or even triple the cost.

But you get nice interior, 5-10 years newer, best looking s-chassis that came out of factory (that kit is to die for) etc

Pmod, I agree with you about the AE86 thing. I agree a pristine grade 3-4 GT APEX to be bought around $12 000 is ok.. but a rusted out ADM model with a dodgy 4age swap for $6000? dreaming.. I remember I saw a AE86 with a 4AC for 6k! I almost fell off my chair that the riced thing was going for so much.. and its not like they sell either.. the AE86 market has been the same since 2-3 months ago lol, same cars for sale. S13/180sxs are faster, newer, more refined, better equipped, better aftermarket support and sorry to the fanboys they are better at drifting. Also there was a riced up ADM Sprinter for sale on these drift sales groups on FB and it was priced at $14k LOL insanity...

Edited by s13k's

wouldnt see one sell for more than 4k here, and thats IF its done up nicely (but no one does up NA's over here). most go for 2-3k

P Plate tax.. I could rip out the motor of my car and throw a DE in it and sell it for 10k, and sell the motor for 1-2k.. then buy a S15. Im not even joking.

A guy I know just paid 7k for a na S13 with shit paint/body, But it has S15 seats and an aero bar so that's worth it huh?

I see stock (or parted out) S15s on carsales all the time for relatively high prices. And after a while they disappear. Are they just getting bargained down or what?

Obviously a stock S15 on carsales is marketing itself to a different demographic.

Edited by Skepticism