Sign in to follow this  
LTN026

Fuel Submersible Hose

Long story 'kinda' short I got a shit batch of fuel so i pulled out the pump (bosch 040) and found the hoses to be deteriorating so i replaced them by so called submersible line which in fact wasn’t .

I bought hose from Pep’s which eventually burst so i took the day off and went to Pirtek who apparently don’t sell that (fluid transfer solutions)? So they referred me to Bursons who could only provide a Dayco fuel line which is 30cm long (SAE3010R). However i had to cut it which made it only 25cm long which is too short to mount it in tank while still reaching the bottom so atm its kinda floating in there.

So i went to Rocket Industries which supply Aeroflow fuel line and asked them for the right type hose and they gave me their 400 series. At this point i didn’t trust anyone and since it didn’t have the SAE markings i called Aeroflow directly and they told me it isn’t suitable for pump fuel (E85 only) and they don’t sell pump fuel resistant hose.

So after all that where can i get pump fuel submersible hose which is about 60cm long.

Also im thinking of mounting a hose straight from the pump to the fuel tank cap and avoiding the hard line all together....suggestions?

DSC_1064_zps1cc67492.jpg

Bursons sell fuel hose by the meter? :S

Submersible is totally different from normal fuel hose dude.

OP: just flicking through the proflow catalogue the other day, they have submersible fuel hose. I'll find out the series on the weekend for you.

Thanks guys so selected Pirtek stores stock the Proflow product and looks like most Repco's stock the Gates fuel hose. I'll give Repco a shot first as they have up to 3m lengths as 50cm is a tad short.

Does anyone see any problems with bypassing the hard lines?