Sign in to follow this  
[200]

Guy that bought SR20DET from Ebay last year from Toowoomba Area

Massive long shot but worth a try.

I sold an S15 SR20DET on ebay April last year to a guy in Toowoomba that was converting his DE Autech S15 to DET as he was about to come off his P plates. I didn't leave feedback and deleted my email inbox history so I have no way of tracing it back. The only other way is via Queensland Transport and the engine number - but I will try this first.

The guy bought the whole package from me, he drove a Holden ute and picked it up from me near Robina on the Gold Coast.

Silly me included the ECU which I am now trying to get back. I have replaced my engine and trying to get the NATS stuff sorted out before replacing the whole thing. Yes I know I can nistune / powerfc ect ect but I am not interested in that.

If you know this guy or if he uses this forum could you please get in touch with me.

Thanks!

Good Luck finding him.

Can you not just get another 2nd hand ECU?

I have another S15 ECU but it wont talk to anything because of the nissan anti theft system.

The key is encoded and talks to the little nats box near the ignition barrel, it sends a command to the ecu to unlock it - basically.

So I had a bit of a brain failure when I bought the replacement ecu, because now I need to buy the steering column as the ignition barrel is pretty much spot welded on, door locks, keys and nats box...

The only other way is a JDM ecu, but its hard to find one to suit an automatic transmission and two pins have to be switched also.

A bit of stuffing around but like I said, I will try this first and see how I go. I am going through my phone records now, time to hassle some *milkshakes* til I find him.

Raise a support request with eBay, explaining the situation, and requesting contact details. State that you plan to offer to swap the guy a working ECU for your original one. If you don't take that approach, expect zero success with anyone.

I found his messages in the trash email in my phone of all places. I have his ebay user name and just sent him a message.

Fingers crossed he gets it and still has the ECU! Will save so much stuffing around.

Note to self, never include a stock ecu when you sell a nats ecu!

suuuuuuuurrrreeeeelllyyyy nissan can program the ecu to suit your car, single use ecu's haven't been used for very long (only last few years)

Yes they can, but that would require me to get the car towed to the nearest dealership and pay the tech $115 an hour to get it done.

This option is easier and quicker for me if I can find him.

' timestamp='1394675861' post='6860409']

I found his messages in the trash email in my phone of all places. I have his ebay user name and just sent him a message.

Fingers crossed he gets it and still has the ECU! Will save so much stuffing around.

Im guessing the ECU wasnt part of the sale? If it was he has the right to keep it, but then again its useless to him right?

:lol:

Oh dear.

Auto JDM ECUs aren't that hard to get. Mr Streeter could've had one in a jiffy bag and on it's way to you by now.

' timestamp='1394675861' post='6860409']

Im guessing the ECU wasnt part of the sale? If it was he has the right to keep it, but then again its useless to him right?

It would make a good paperweight to him unless he uses it for a nistune, eitherway, when I had my brain failure I bought an ADM one so if he has it and wanted to do a swap then great. But yes, I included the ECU in the sale and he has every right to do as he wishes.

Bloke, yep, that's an option. I am on yahoo japan bookmarking them.