Sign in to follow this  
RamR1

Unable to find antena wire in s15

Hi,

I've replaced the head deck on my s15. I found the antena booster cable but unable to find the antena cable. The one with that pointy connection. Looks like it may have been cut by the previous owner for some reason. Does anyone know where it comes out of the loom?

I always thought it was built into the rear Window glass top left along with the hearing element will have a look later and try confirm

Yeh jap s15., sorry should have mentioned that in the first post. The antena in meant to be in the rear windscreen but shouldn't there be a cable to plug into the head unit?

Just want some advice before I start ripping my interior appart to search for it. I don't really listen to the radio but I just want it to work

Are you talking about the below connector? If so yes there should be one.

Car-Antenna-Cable-CA-213-.jpg

Yes they are the ones I'm talking about. I can't find it. Searched for ages but couldn't find anything. Does it come from a loom or is it on its own?

It starts on the passenger side of the roof hatch and works it's way across the roof and down until the headunit. Don't think it's usually in a loom but try looking at the looms you have and see if it gets thicker any where, like an extra plug or cables in there

Failing that you might have to run a new cable

From memory the booster power wire and antenna wire are together. So it you have one, then follow it until you find the other.

It comes into the stereo mounting area from the top left (the power/speaker harness comes from the right side). There is also a white plug attached to it I recall to disconnect the booster power wire.