Vertex S14

Springs?

What Springs To Use  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Springs To Use

• TEIN S Tech Springs
    • King Springs (Lows)
    • Other

Hey I was just wondering what you all though on my spring choices for my Series 2 S14? I was going to use King Springs for the time being but I found a set of TEIN S Tech Springs pretty cheap so I don't know what to use? Any other input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys

Edited by Vertex S14

Yeah But the Tein are only about $80 more. If the difference in price was bigger I would go straight for the Kings. So now I don't know.

I gut I know is selling them as he crashed his car and now doesn't need springs!

i got super lows in the s15 and they are not that low (even with a afm kit) .. might want to go superlows the following link is from a photoshoot .. check out my s15 coz it's not that low .. superlows

i got superlows on fronts (havent got round to installing rears yet). s14a

theres a guy selling teins on ebay i think.

some have gone thru for $250 i think and not been bidded on so he droppd price to like 240 and no one bidded.

i think theyre at 200 now.

I reckon Tein is good... I just installed the S-Tech Medium for my S15. Works wonders..... its not that low... I got ard 20 -25mm gap between the fenders and the stock rims for the front... and ard 10-15mm gap for the rears... Its definately reduces the body roll by a lot ! And its comfortable as its a progressive springs.. I dun tink Kings are progressive by nature...

i got super lows in the s15 and they are not that low (even with a afm kit) .. might want to go superlows the following link is from a photoshoot .. check out my s15 coz it's not that low .. superlows

Yeah, i agree.. Got superlows on my 180, not low enuff... Getting coilovers asap..

I had a look at those ones on E-bay and they're looking pretty cheap as well. If They work out cheaper I'll get those. I want Coilovers But I am now poor after spending every last $ I have on my little beast.

go with the tein s-tech

i run rsr progressive rate springs on my ride, nice and firm, reduced bodyroll and looks tough

Teins are far superior to kings. Worth the extra cash IMO.

go the tein's.

they seem more reputable and have more experience in suspension than kings.. then again. most of their stuff is made for jap roads and all..

remember by changing the springs is also going to wear the shocks out alot quicker ..

might be worth investing in some coilovers ! !

I know coilovers are much better but how much would I be looking at spending?

And what brands would they be? Whats the best value for money?

Edited by Vertex S14

I've read some really good things about Whiteline. Has any one had any experiences with them? I fso what was their product like?

Edited by Vertex S14

where do u get tein springs from besides ebay? how much is a set likely to cost?

I know, get new bumpstops and loose the springs altogether.

SUSPENSION SUX :)

what is better depends on what you want, and what the springs offer...

maybe see if you can find out the rate f the kings and teins and go from there. if the teins are a higher rate, you might wnat them with some adjustable shocks/struts. if it's just looks, kings are okay. in saying that though, if you want a bit of both, and the tein springs are only $80 more, then get them just so you can say you have them!!

i have apexi springs in my gtir, and i prefer them over my mates R with kings

Edited by babygtr93